Hakeemul Ummat Hazrat Mawlana Shah Ashraf Ali Thanawi ra said;
In his last will Hazrat Shah Waliullah sahib (Muhadith Dehlawi) ra advised to avoid the companionship of the following:
1. Wealthy people, without a genuine religious reason
2. Ignorant Sufis
3. Unenlightened ‘abid (devout worshipper)
4. Dry/impersonal scholars and ascetics
5. Individuals who hold a grudge against the Hadith & Fiqh scholars.
6. Individuals who are excessively involved in ilm-kalam (scholastic theology) and maqool (logic).
Taleem ud Deen, page 135, Taj Co. edition. (An essential reading in Nisab e Tasawwuf)