Sunna method of bath (ghusul):
1. Wash hands (including the wrists) three times.
2. Wash away semen and other filthy secretions on the body carefully three times.
3. Clean the private parts as described before, both front and back area.
4. Perform ablution (wudu) as per sunna. However, if the water is stagnating at the feet postpone washing feets till the end, otherwise wash them.
5. Pour water on the head first.
6. Then pour water on right shoulder and then on left, in a manner that it washes that side of the body completely.
7. Rub the body with the hands while pouring water making sure that it reaches everywhere and no place remains dry.
8. Repeat the steps 5, 6 and 7 twice more.