The initial instruction given to the seekers by the khalifa of Hakim al-Umma Shaikh Mawlana Shah Asadullah (Allah have mercy on them) have been published in ‘Asa’ad ut-Talibeen’.
Completion of qaza salah and fasts, performance of the fardh Hajj and emphasis on payment of zakah.
Moreover, abstaining completely from back-biting (ghiba), foul language, loose talking and purposeless interminlgling with others.
Reading the books of Hakim al-Umma Mawlana Ashraf Ali Thanawi (Allah have mercy on him).
Performing each salah meticluously in first row with the opening takbir along the Imam’s.
The following issues were especially instructed,
1. Keep the dealings (with others) very clear.
2. Do not cause any discomfort and harm to others
3. Do not interfere in the matters of others unnecessarily.
4. Take account of yourself (nafs) daily. Be thankful for the good deeds and repent on the mistakes.
5. Never ever be satisifed with yourself (nafs). Always watch over your outward and inner actions.
6. Follow the instructions given and the ma’amolaat.
7. Keep (the Shaikh) updated about your state and condition.’
Akse-Jameel ra, page 201-2