A seeker who is a medical student spent few days of his winter break with another senior seeker. After returning home he reported the following observations,
1. Time for going to mosque should be fixed and strictly followed. All preparations and wudhu should be done in advance.
2. Tongue should always be busy in remembrance (zikr) of Allah.
3. Studies have priority over all that is nafil e.g. reading religious books etc.
4. One should be good at whatever he does. Principles should be followed and one should be organized.
5. What we have to take from the Akabir and Mashaeikh is their ‘Deeni Mizaaj‘.
6. Reading the biographies of Akabir is very beneficial in getting this mizzaj e.g. Ashraf us Sawaneh
7. One should be a ‘Banda‘ (slave) of Allah SWT,. Be thankful to Allah on whatever one achieves and does not expect perfection.
May Allah make it beneficial for all of us. Amin!