A sincere seeker recently stayed in the company of Sheikh Maulana Qamaruz Zaman Allahbadi (Allah preserve him) for few days. He shared the following beneficial observations. May Allah reward him. Amin!
1. Consistency in routine
2. Engrossment in scholarly (ilmi) work
3. Up-lifting the spirits (dil-joi) of all, irrespective of their status
4. Accepting requests of almost everyone. Once he obliged to a person’s request to sit in his car for barakah in very cold night saying how could such a sincere (mukhlis) person be refused.
5. Sometimes (engaging in) humour, (by) using pun etc.
6. Speaking less. (Using) small phrases for expression
7. No criticism (tanqeed) on any group or even the falsehood (baatil).
8. Positive statements about what is right rather than pointing out what is wrong.
9. Having meals with lots of people (wasee dastarkhwaan). Once Hazrat sat with us for lunch saying he was practicing on (the recommendation) ‘eat with the pious’ (“kulu ma saliheen“)