The greatest Imam our master Abu Hanifa (Allah have mercy on him) wrote in his bequest (wasiyet) to his son Hammad that I have chosen five traditions (Hadith) from all the sayings of Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). These are enough for a person to practice the religion.
Our master Prophet Muhammed (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:
1. Actions are according to intentions
2. It is from the excellence of a person’s Islam to abandon what does not concern him
3. A believer is not a believer until he is pleased for his brother with what he is pleased for himself
4. The lawful is clear and the forbidden is clear, but between the two are ambiguous matters. Whoever guards himself against ambivalent matters has gone to the utmost limit in seeking to be clear in his religion and honour.
5. The Muslim is one whom others are safe from their tongue and hands.
(Reference 1,3,4&5 are in Bukhari & Muslim, 2 is in Tirmidhi)
Suhbat e ba awliya, malfuzaat of Sheikh al Hadith ( Allah have mercy on him)