A seeker wrote,
– Fajr salah is going very weak, may Allah forgive me. I haven’t prayed with Jamah in ages and even at home I am missing some of them in the past 2 weeks. One thing or the other delays going to bed and even though I put an alarm, sometimes I just can’t wake up in time. I should make more effort to correct this laziness (“susti”). Yes something needs to be done for this right away.
Praying fajr on time is essential. Moreover, eventually one has to aim for tahajjud prior to fajr.
Read thoroughly the book: Namaz e fajr aur hamari kotahi, on this topic. Then do the following,
1. Go to sleep early.
2.Eat dinner early.
3. Make dua prior to going to sleep for waking up at fajr
4. Make a firm determination. Tell yourself in a audible voice to wake up at ____am
5. Recite the last 4 ayah of sura kahaf (18th sura)
6. Set two or three alarms. (I usually use 2- 3 alarms on my mobile phone and one on a clock kept at a far distance from the bed, so I have to get up and switch it off.)
7. Ask a family member or a friend who gets up regularly to wake you up or call you to do so.
8. Even after these measures if salah is missed then skip breakfast for that day. (Only take tea, coffee or milk)
Reviewed and approved by sanadi wa sanadi Mufti Mohammed Taqi Usmani (Allah protect & preserve him)