1. Learning the authentic beliefs (aqaid) as per the pious predecessors.
2. Learning the Sunna methodology (fiqh) of performing worship.
3. Abandoning major sinful actions and repenting on minor ones.
4. Get rid of blameworthy moral characteristics (radhail), adopting praiseworthy moral characteristics (fadhail).
5. Earning & consuming a halal livelihood.
6. Getting married, establishing a home and raising children
7. Learning etiquette of financial dealings for everyday life.
8. Actively making a good intention in permissible actions.
9. Actively making an intention of pleasing Allah and following Sunna in all thoughts & actions.
10. Recitation of Sunna adhkar for different occasions (adiya e ma’sora)
11. Recitation of the litanies (adhkar & ashgaal) prescribed by the Sufi Shaykh.
Qutub al Irshad, vol 1, p 92-3