In the Holy Mosque at Makkah, after dohur salah Hadhrat Mawlana Mohammad Taqi Usmani (may Allah preserve him) inquired a close mureed,
“What do you recite after each salah?”
Mureed mumbled something.
Hadhrat told him,
“After each salah one should recite the following;
1. Verse of the throne (ayat al-kursi: al-baqara 255)
2. Ayah 18, 19, 26 & 27 of surah al-Imran
3. The four quls (chapter 109, 112, 113 & 114)
4. The opening chapter (al-fathiha)
5. Tasbih Fatima (SubhanAllah 33, Alhumdulillah 33 and Allahuakbar 34 time)
These are from the Sunna recitations. They can be done sitting or walking, like on returning back from salah.
In addition, my Sheikh (‘Arif-billah Dr. Abdul Hayy ‘Arifi) used to instruct us to recite the Divine name “Ya Wudood” 22 times after each salah.”
4th Safar 1428/22 February 2007