Shaikh Iqbal Quraishi (Allah preserve him) said,
‘Following benefits are derived from reading the sayings (malfuzat) of the pious;
1. Awareness of the blame worthy morals.
2. Knowledge of the deceptions of the lower self (nafs) and Shaytan.
3. Being able to recognize mistakes.
4. Riddance of lots of incorrect thoughts.
5. Clarification of many perplexities of knowledge and (execution of) actions.
6. Knowledge of the path (tareeq) and how to practically walk on it.
7. Acquiring knowledge and marifah.‘
Ma’arif al-Akabir, page 48